MBBS, FRCP, Professor & Chair at UCI
Professor and Chair at the Department of Dermatology, UC Irvine. Forefront academic laser-tissue researcher, innovator & renowned thought leader on a global scene.
- Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology Awards and Recognition
- Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS), 2008
- Leon Goldman Memorial Award, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, 2009
- Sturge-Weber Foundation honoree, 2009
- Harold O Perry Lectureship, Noah Worcester Society, 2009
- ASDS Teaching Award for Excellence, Washington D.C., 2011
- Honorary President, Anti-Aging World Congress, Monaco, 2011
- America's Top Doctors (cosmetic dermatology, Mohs surgery, skin cancer, skin laser surgery), Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., 2012
- Best Doctors in America® (Dermatology), 2011-2013, 2015, 2016
Dr. Christopher Zachary is a dermatologist who specializes in skin cancer and reconstruction, cosmetic and laser surgery. A professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at UC Irvine, Zachary is a frequent speaker at national and international symposia and is often contact by the media (e.g., NY Times, CNN, Today Show) for commentary about dermatologic issues and treatments. He is a past president of the Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons. An educational innovator, he has written and edited numerous papers and books.
Zachary was born in Yorkshire, England. After completing medical school at the Royal Free Hospital, University of London, he trained in Internal Medicine and Dermatology. At the Institute of Dermatology, Guys and St. Thomas' Hospitals, he gained an interest in dermatological surgery. He completed his formal dermatological surgical education at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
Zachary returned to London to set up the first Mohs and laser skin surgery practice. In 1988, he became director of the University of Minnesota's Cutaneous Surgery and Laser Center. In 1997, he became a clinical professor and co-director of the Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Center at UC San Francisco Medical Center. In 2005, he accepted the position as professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at the UCI Health School of Medicine.
Speakers Bureau Topics
- Aesthetic surgery
- Botulinum toxins
- Cosmetic surgery
- Laser skin surgery
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Skin cancer
- Medical School
- Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine MBBS Internship
- Royal Free Hospital – Enfield District/Hampstead Campus Medicine/Surgery
- King George Hospital Internal Medicine
- St.Thomas's Hospital Dermatology
- University of Minnesota Hospital & Clinics Dermatology Fellowship
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons MRCP University of Michigan Hospitals Dermatologic Surgery Washington UniversityDermatology.